Monday, April 9, 2007

Frosty Daffodils

Because of our lovely weather I had to cut the daffodils that were blooming and bring them in. Bouquets are nice but the yard will be bare. Time will tell if it is true that those in bud stage will survive. I recently read that emerging peonies could also be in trouble from the snow and cold. Had I known sooner I could have tried covering them. When (?) it warms up I will do damage assessments. What are your frozen flowers?

Does anyone know where to buy the di-syston (spelling?) that is the systemic for applying to houseplants? I have nearly eradicated the scale on my house plants but fear if I quit spraying they will return. Does anyone know if di-syton is the chemical or trade name?

Veggies this week and probably more food samples from Erik Draper:)

No comments: